I am very excited that in the new year 2018, I will offering several personal, small and intimate taster workshops of no more than 9 attendees.
During my 30 years experience in the NHS, I have worked with hundreds of adults, parents and children from all walks of life, which has provided a deep insight to trauma and emotional dysregulation. I am a parent too so have weathered many challenging parenting situations myself and we have all survived my mistakes and the transitions from baby to adulthood. Of course, I want to share this with you too. My intention is to offer taster generalised workshops that integrate neuroscience, attachment and evidence based practical approaches. I hope you can start to initiate practices to enable healthier, happier relationships with your children. My approach helps you to manage emotional dysregulation and disruptive behavior that does not resort to blaming or shaming you or your child. I hope you can leave my workshops with ideas you can take home.
I know that when when we can manage and regulate our emotions, it leads to connected relationships and prevents mental health.
Click here for more information.
Workshops: 10am -12 ( Do contact me with your ideas)
You may be looking for:
- Understanding you/and your child’s brain in order to reduce blame, conflict and shame.
- Empowerment and ideas you can use straight away.
- How you can remain calm and carry on
- A safe forum to ask questions.
- Generalised ideas to prevent escalation of “big feelings” such as anxiety, conflict, anger and tantrums.
- Realise that you are not alone in what you may be feeling and experiencing.
- Your staff, as you want to support them on promoting well being and sleep.
What can you expect:
- A two hour workshop ( sometimes less or more with employers or private gatherings)
- They are rooted in 30 years experience, clinical evidenced brain based parenting and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from from baby to adulthood.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non- judgemental and supportive setting;
- A hand out to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learnt.
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
- Nice tea, coffee and drinks!
Some Testimonials: ( all rated good or very good:), thank you everyone)
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- I really liked the science bit and sharing with others ( Managing anger and Meltdowns)
- We definitely going to stick to house rules and keep going with your suggestions ( Managing Anger and Meltdowns)
- Really helpful to find to understand why children have tantrums and I did not know there were two different types.( Parent Seasons Nursery)
- Very interesting, I found information on the parts of the brain and age related emotions helpful. I feel I have positive ideas to take with me (parent,Windmill City Farm Talk)
Ashley Down, BS7 Bristol ( or in your workplace)
£35 per person by secure Paypal Link ( I ask that you pay in advance, this is for commitment but in addition ensure and manage attendance, it is non-refundable)
Click here to Contact me to book and follow me on Facebook to receive details and start now with an intention for you and your family to have even better relationships in 2018.