I am very excited that in the new year 2018, I will offering some small and intimate workshops of no more than 9 attendees. I want to offer a space to connect and share together. They will be bespoke for the age groups of the attendees in the workshop.
Click here for more information.
In my 30 years experience in the NHS, I have worked with hundreds of adults, parents and children from all walks of life, which has provided a deep insight to trauma and emotional dysregulation.I am a parent too so have weathered many challenging parenting situations myself and we have all survived my mistakes and the transitions from baby to adulthood. My intention is to share my approach that integrates neuroscience, attachment and systemic theory in combination with lots of sound practical advice that will empower you to connect, understand and parent with compassion and kindness.
Events: ( more to be added, do contact me for ideas)
- The Power of Play
- Stop the “Worry Cycle”, Preventing Anxiety and Depression
- Managing Anger and Aggression in your Family
You may be looking for:
- Understanding you/and your child’s brain.
- How to parent using brain based techniques and ways to parent with understanding, compassion and most of all awareness.
- Empowerment and ideas you can use straight away.
- A safe forum to ask questions.
- Ideas to prevent escalation of “big feelings” such as anxiety, anger and tantrums.
- Specific help for the ages of your children in your family.
- Realise that you are not alone in what you may be feeling and experiencing.
- Your staff, as you want to support them on promoting well being and sleep.
- Really helpful, to learn about tantrums are necessary to discharge emotions and positive tips to mange them. ( parent, Seasons Nursery talk)
- Very interesting, I found information on the parts of the brain and age related emotions helpful. I feel I have positive ideas to take with me (parent,Windmill City Farm Talk)
- Great, let’s bring this talk, your Child’s brain and you as standard ( parent Windmill Hill City Farm talks)
- Feel taken seriously, not patronizing practical advice ( Sleep Talk, Windmill Hill City Farm)
- Really useful and thought provoking thank you for explaining two types of tantrums I didn’t know) ( parent, Seasons Nursery)
What can you expect:
- A two hour workshop ( sometimes less or more with employers or private gatherings)
- They are all developed with Brain based Parenting in Mind, don’t worry this is simple neuroscience to help you to parent with understanding, compassion and awareness.
- They are rooted in sound clinical evidenced based practice and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from from baby to adulthood.
- Ideas about the topic and how to make them fit for you.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non- judgemental and supportive setting;
- A hand out to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learnt, with further help options.
- To reduce your anxiety and increase your confidence.
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
- Nice tea, coffee and drinks!
Ashley Down, BS7 Bristol ( or in your workplace)
£30 per person
Click here to Contact me to book and Sign up to my newsletter to receive details straight into your mailbox and start now with an intention for you and your family to have even better relationships in 2018.