Parenting is not easy and we all need support. Becoming a parent can be the most wonderful yet challenging experience in our lives. A child does not arrive with a set of manualized instructions, yet I meet so many parents think they should be natural and perfect at it.
My intention is to promote the sense of being a “good enough parent ” rather than the perfect one on that we sometimes see on social media and in our thoughts. I hope to offer a safe space for you to come together, feel supported, trust your instincts and learn some strategies that you can take home and use straight away.
I hope to see you in 2019 to support you in being the parent you truly are!
Learn Skills Empower you and your child, the next events are:
I hope to promote:
- More understanding of your child, you, their brain, and how this links to their body too.
- Parenting that uses gentle and positive parenting techniques that include structure and boundaries
- The importance of making mistakes and what to do when we get it wrong
- Strategies you can take away and use straight away
- Loving and supportive parenting without being permissive
- Confidence and more empowerment in trusting your instincts for you to tackle everyday challenges whilst maintaining your calm.
- The implementation of small daily habits that will foster close and secure attachment relationships
What is your Experience?
The workshops integrate my life’s work and my experience as a mum. I worked 31 years in the NHS, 19 years as a Specialist CAMHS Clinician working with children and families with severe emotional and behavioral difficulties. I am a trained in Solihull and the Incredible Years, two evidenced-based parenting courses and draw upon latest neuroscience, psychology, and attachment theory.
Like you, I ‘ve experienced all the highs and lows in parenting. We survived all the transitions from baby to adulthood. I’ve made many mistakes and we’ve all survived and learned from them with a better sense of compassion and kindness for everyone. I hope this is a place I can guide you too. I look forward to sharing with you in 2019, to be the parent you truly are!
Praise, what parents say:
- Small group size, easy to talk about intimate stuff, nice venue.
- A longer session, really like family rules, longer please/ Positive Discipline Workshop 2018
- Understanding Positiveness, handouts, enjoyed no Powerpoint Slides Toddler Workshop 2019)
- Catherine amazing and really knowledgable ( Toddler Workshop 2019)
- Liked the Science bit, everyday practical solutions, cycle of accept, validate manage,.Anger and meltdowns, 20th of April 2018
- Nice Summary Sheet of take away messages, Anger and Meltdowns
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- I really liked the science bit and sharing with others ( Managing anger and Meltdowns)
- We definitely going to stick to house rules and keep going with your suggestions (Cool down, Managing Anger and Meltdowns)
- Really useful and thought provoking thank you for explaining two types of tantrums I didn’t know) ( parent, Seasons Nursery)
What can you expect:
- A 2.5 hour one and two part workshop ( sometimes less or more with employers or private gatherings)
- They are rooted in sound clinical evidenced based practice and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from baby to adulthood.
- Ideas about the topic and how to make them fit for you.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non- judgemental and supportive setting;
- A hand out to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learned, with further help options.
- To reduce your anxiety and increase your confidence.
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
- Nice tea, coffee and drinks!
Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for your commitment to the wellbeing of your child and your family and for your willingness to keep learning and growing. Remember: parenting is hard work and you all deserve support. Please share the gratitude and love by sharing and liking my Facebook Page and do contact me to hear about my workshops and consultations. With Love Catherine