I am very excited that in the new year 2018, I will offering some small and intimate parent workshops of no more than 9 attendees and cost £35 for a two hour workshop. I want to offer a space to connect and share together. Several of them are for under 12’s and one such as self harm are for 10 and over. These are taster and generalised workshops and are not the same as booking a individualised consultation with me.
I have spent thirty years in the NHS working with adults and children that are sometimes emotionally dysregulated which causes distress and can lead to long term mental health difficulties.
Like you, I am mum too and helped my children through all the highs, lows , frustrations with a good dose of mistakes from baby to adulthood. I know through this experience that understanding their behavior and temperament with brain based parenting techniques has led them to be able to manage their emotions and have good social relationships. Why would I not want to share that knowledge to help you and your children to enjoy being connected and have a good relationships with you and others.
All my workshops are based on experience, sound evidenced based clinical knowledge and neuroscience, change your habits now and set good intentions for 2018, contact me to book.
Click here for more information.
Parent Workshops: ( more to be added, do contact me for ideas)
- Ashley Down, BS7 Bristol ( or in your workplace)
Cost: £35 per person, payment by secure paypal link and is paid in advance to manage attendance.
You may be looking for:
- Understanding you/and your child’s brain.
- Ideas to help you and your family have a A good night’s sleep
- Printed notes of the session and free emailed downloads following the workshop.
- Empowerment and ideas you can use straight away.
- A safe forum to ask questions.
- Ideas to prevent escalation of “big feelings” such as anxiety, anger and tantrums.
- Specific help for the ages of your children in your family.
- Realise that you are not alone in what you may be feeling and experiencing.
- Your staff, as you want to support them on promoting well being and sleep.
- Relaxed and affirming atmosphere, good helpful discussion plus help information, Anger and Meltdowns 20th April 2018
- Liked the Science bit, everyday practical solutions, cycle of accept, validate manage, Anger and meltdowns, 20th of April 2018
- Nice Summary Sheet of take away messages, Anger and Meltdowns
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- I really liked the science bit and sharing with others ( Managing anger and Meltdowns)
- We definitely going to stick to house rules and keep going with your suggestions (Cool down, Managing Anger and Meltdowns)
- Really useful and thought provoking thank you for explaining two types of tantrums I didn’t know) ( parent, Seasons Nursery)
What can you expect:
- A two hour workshop ( sometimes less or more with employers or private gatherings)
- They are rooted in sound clinical evidenced based practice and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from from baby to adulthood.
- Ideas about the topic and how to make them fit for you.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non- judgemental and supportive setting;
- A hand out to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learnt, with further help options.
- To reduce your anxiety and increase your confidence.
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
- Nice tea, coffee and drinks!
Click here to Contact me to book and Sign up to my Facebook page to receive details of new blogs, tips and workshops. Start now with an intention for you and your family to have even better relationships in 2018.