Are you looking for a sleep consultations, I am Bristol based Sleep Consultant with a passion for helping families and organisation have a good night sleep.
Research shows not having enough sleep can have a profound effect on your physical and emotional health. According the UK Sleep council 47% of adults of Britons now say that stress or worry keeps them awake at night (47%), rising to 54% of women (compared to 40% of men) and 57% of singles. We rarely reflect on the impact on productivity, health and well being.
The National Sleep Foundation recommends that parents/adults need 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Babies, children, and teenagers need much more. It is not just the amount of sleep but it is the quality of the sleep, we need to go into deep Sleep. Here is my facebook post for World Sleep Day, are you or your children getting enough sleep?
Hospital attendances in England for children under 14 with sleep disorders have tripled in 10 years, according to NHS data analysed by BBC Panorama in 2017.Ten times more prescriptions of common sleep medication melatonin have also been written for children and adults under 55 over the same period.Poor sleep in children has been linked to a greater risk of obesity, lower immunity, and mental health issues. It is also linked to lack of emotional control and poor school performance. Are you falling into the most common traps parents fall into?
Sometimes one consultation with me will be enough to get you or your child on the right track. But these things can take time, especially if your child cannot self-soothe or if you have a long-standing issue. Therefore, I offer sleep talks for adults and consultations for children of all ages and provide three payment plans:
- A one-off consultation ( face to face in the clinic, telephone) for an hour and a half with an emailed tailored sleep plan – £90 and follow up email for four weeks ( paid in advance via PayPal, it is not refundable but happy to rearrange if you give me 48 hours notice)
- For talks within your company or a group ( please contact me for fees)
- A sleep package, this is for families who need lots of empowerment and a one off may not suffice ( face to face, telephone) which includes an hour and half consultation, tailored sleep plan, email support and follow-up for six hourly sessions face to face or by telephone – £325.
I can provide a free 10-minute call to discuss your issues, which must be booked in advance.
Read more detail about what happens in sleep consultations.
Children’s sleeping difficulties
I work with Early Years, Middle and Adolescent on a variety of issues that can affect sleep. Monitor how much your baby sleeps with my free sleep diary monitoring sheet click here> Parent 7-day Sleep monitoring diary for their child
Is your child suffering from any Signs or Symptoms of Sleep Deprivation?
- Temper Tantrums.
- Grogginess when they wake up in the morning.
- Falling asleep in the car.
- Having to wake up your child up almost every morning.
- Child having trouble thinking during the day and seems spaced out.
- Your child “crashing” much earlier than usual.
What do I work with?
Early Years Sleep Difficulties ( 6 months – 4 years)
- Establishing Nap routines
- How to help your baby to go to sleep on his own without rocking, movement or feeding or staying with them until they fall asleep.
- Here is a video to help you understand your baby’s sleep
- How to establish a 30-minute bedtime routine
- How to help your baby or toddler transition from co-sleeping to cot or from cot to their bedroom
- Separation Anxiety.
- How to prevent toddlers/preschoolers from constant night awakening and early rising
- How to help resistance in going to bed
Free Download on graded steps to help your Anxious child Sleep click here >>GRADED Steps
Middle Years Difficulties (ages 4 – 12)
- Separation Anxiety
- Nighttime Fears
- Establishing a bedtime routine in 35 minutes
- Night terrors
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Help with sleeping in their own bed free pdf>>>>Advice to help younger children sleep in their own beds
- Night/early morning awakenings
Adolescent Years Difficulties (ages 12-18)
- Emotional Dysregulation
- Low mood
Click here for my FREE pdf, FIVE TIPS TO HELP YOUR TEENAGER SLEEP. and have a look at my video, foods that help you snooze
What happens in a consultation?
Step one – consultation
Prior to a session, I will request a sleep diary of at least three days. For children, this will include details of naps and feeds. For adult talks for companies or a group, you can contact me to discuss your needs. Every family is unique, so we spend time in the sleep consultation discussing the options of the sleep plan. I like to think holistically. My focus is on gentle strategies in combination with building strong and secure attachments. It’s vital your child learns to self-soothe. My strategies are not about disguised controlled crying. I find a successful outcome is one that the family feels comfortable with and then this makes it easier and safe for your child. Please note I cannot diagnose medical disorders, you may need other treatment from your GP.
Step two – design of the sleep plan
Design your sleep plan of which I will email to you.
I have over 29 years experience in the NHS. I work holistically and address your lifestyle, environmental internal, external factors that could be contributing the difficulties in sleep. This includes diet, work, family, bedroom environment.
I use an integrative and evidenced based approach, I am a member of the Sleep Society
With some children, we need to address the emotional difficulty such as separation anxiety or generalised anxiety first prior to working with the behavioural aspect. I use evidence-based practices using gentle and kind strategies to help you to get back on track and develop a strong and secure attachment.Your plan will address the specific techniques you need to help you or your child sleep.
Step three – follow-up
Depending on which option you choose, face to face in the clinic, email or telephone follow-up will either be included as part of your cost or you can pay as you go. A gentle approach can take longer, so this is important to consider if you want to choose to work with me. I know we all want a quick fix but things can ta