Thank you for finding me and making the first step to change; small steps count, even if it’s just to see what help may offer. This is a private practice arising from thirty years of clinical experience in the NHS and over 26 years in Child and Adolescent Mental Health ( you can view my training by clicking here at>>>My Story ). I offer sensitive assessment and therapeutic support to children and parents and charge Fees.
In light of the continuing difficulties with COVID-19, initial consultations are typically conducted online via Zoom or telephone, with follow-ups taking place either face-to-face or online.
What help are you seeking?
I find working with parents ( without their child) can be helpful when:
- The conditioning you experienced as a child is getting in the way of a secure connection.
- Children are younger and or are teenagers
- There is a high level of conflict
- Significant Trauma
- Children who may be reluctant to attend
- It’s beneficial to have a space for you without your children.
- I offer to see children with their parents, and I am curious about what emotions and behaviours are expressed between parent/s and children. I am keen that you develop a close and connected relationship with them.
- Family counselling involves working with various family members to bring about positive change; the focus is on the interaction between family members rather than within an individual. Often several family members meet together, although not everyone has to be involved if they do not wish to be.
- I’ve found in my parenting and experience that parenting brings up a lot of emotions, yours and theirs. Sometimes, it even triggers the trauma you experienced when you were a child. As a consequence, I see many adults individually for this reason. The trauma/experience can prevent you from forming a secure attachment with your child.
- I work with you both as a parent and with your inner child.
- I also offer individual sessions for children. For individual work, I usually provide two to three sessions. If I see the child individually, parallel work with parents can be helpful. As a result, it allows a deeper understanding of your child’s behaviour and promotes ideas and strategies to enable closer relationships at home.
Here are several examples of problems clients may contact me with:
Behavioural difficulties, >>>click here for more information
- Out of control Behaviour
- Unable to follow instructions or tasks
- Oppositional and defiant behaviour
- Sibling Rivalry
Attachment/relationship Difficulties, Click here for more on Attachment and relational Difficulties
- Attachment Difficulties and Disorder
- The conflict between you and your child.
Anxiety Difficulties, click here for more on>>for Signs, Symptoms and Anxiety Disorders
Anxiety can be successfully treated – the first step is to get an assessment; I work with:
- Worry and generalised anxiety
- Phobias (such as dog phobia, fear of being sick, fear of choking, and social phobia)
- Panic attacks
- Obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviours
- Separation Anxiety
- Difficulties in transitions
ADHD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder click >>here for more information
- Depression and low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Post Natal Depression
Generalised Difficulties of Childhood
- Potty training
- Enuresis (wetting) and encopresis (soiling)
- School Difficulties
- Difficulties in relationships and friendships
- Sensory Issues
Trauma for more information, click here>>Trauma
- Birth Trauma
I aim to offer a safe and comfortable space for you to think and enable you to feel empowered. No parent is perfect, but I believe it is essential to consider your strengths in combination with difficulties to allow relationships to grow in the longer term.
If you would like to work with me, click >>>here to contact me to book a workshop or consultation.