Thank you for finding me and making the first step to change, small steps count even if it’s just to see what help may be on offer.
You don’t have to work in the mental health sector to know that some families and some children are suffering. We have some of the worst outcomes for self-harm and children’s emotional well-being in Europe. I know I can’t change the world however, I am committed to helping children and parents develop secure and loving attachments in order to improve mental health outcomes for better communities now and in our future.
I offer a range of therapeutic approaches due to the broad nature of my experience and training. 30 years in the NHS is a long time so I can work with many different presentations. Some parents/families attend for just six others can attend for much longer. Your and your family are unique so one size or one way of working does not fit all. I have just started to offer taster workshops, these are for parents who want to attend a more generalised workshop rather than a consultation. I am keen to share my experience of a specialist clinician for thirty years and like you I have survived all the highs and lows from the baby to adulthood. We all survived my mistakes to have a close connection albeit not perfect one, I am a therapist who aims to offer a safe space so you can feel empowered to be a good enough not perfect parent!. Like all relationships, some clients will like working with me and for others the way I work may not fit with you. Do like my page on Facebook and check out some of my blogs, posts and video’s.
My Services are:
- Parenting Guidance
- Individual therapy for Parents
- Sleep Consultations
- Trauma Work
- Bereavement Counselling
- Attachment and Relationship Difficulties
- Couples Work
- Individual Counselling/therapy
- CBT for Anxiety, low mood and emotional dysregulation.
- Family Therapy
- Bespoke Training for your organisation
If you want to work with me, my intention is that you can :
- Be an empowered parent with evidenced based and neuroscientific interventions.
- Learn techniques to deescalate “big feelings” and to enable your child to emotionally regulate.
- Understand and address disruptive behavior to prevent conflict and shame.
- Have a space for you as a parent to explore you.
- Move past blame into finding solutions.
- Ensure you have a good night’s sleep.
- Work together for a clear plan to create close and cooperative family relationships to have a happier, peaceful home.
- Enjoy spending time with your child and your family.
I am able to draw upon neuroscience, practice and evidenced based models.These are chosen for their long-term benefits to help your child’s social brain, promote problem-solving and foster loving bonds between you and your child. When we have a deep connection with our children, it enables understanding and promotes peace and calm.
Be the best parent you can be and try to do one action today to make your child feel safe, secure and loved.
With love Catherine