Thank you for finding me and making the first step to change, small steps count even if it’s just to see what help may be on offer. Many people come to therapy or approach me if something feels unmanageable, they may even feel that they are in crisis or they simply feel something is just not right, or they are completely exhausted due to lack of sleep. It can be quite confusing to know which therapy might help. Research shows that it is the relationship you have with your therapist that enables the healing. I offer a range of therapeutic approaches due to the broad nature of my experience and training.
30 years in the NHS is a long time so I can work with many different presentations. Some parents/families attend for just six others can attend for much longer. You and your family are unique so one size or one way of working does not fit all. I have just started to offer taster workshops, these are for parents who want strategies, tips and more generalized advice, rather than an individualised bespoke intervention that only focuses on strategies but relationships between everyone. I try to offer a safe space so you can feel empowered to be a good enough not perfect parent! and I am more interested in empowering you as you live with your children 24 hours a day and its important to think about your strengths and how you can have better relationships in the longer term.
My Services are:
- Parenting Guidance
- Individual therapy for Parents
- Sleep Consultations
- Trauma Work
- Bereavement Counselling
- Attachment and Relationship Difficulties
- Couples Work
- Individual Counselling/therapy
- CBT for Anxiety, low mood and emotional dysregulation.
- Family Therapy
I am a member of AFT, ( Association of Family Therapy), this is how they explain what Family Therapy is:
Family Therapy helps people in close relationships help each other. It enables family members, couples and others who care about each other to express and explore thoughts and emotions safely, to understand each other’s experiences and views, appreciate each other’s needs, build on strengths and make useful changes in their relationships and their lives. It often focuses on what goes on between family members rather that whats located in each individual. We believe that all members affect the family or system, so I might think if Jill argues with her father, how does that affect her mother and brother. Sometimes we meet the whole family or other times we may separate and meet with just two members of the family,
- Parent and Sleep Training for corporations,great for employees, their kids, and your bottom lineFrom toddler tantrums to lack of sleep, these things parents late for work to delayed bedtimes that turn them into office zombies to teen homework battles that leave them stressed and distracted, parents can’t help but bring their woes to the office. All of this parenting related stress,lack of sleep and distractions cost employers millions in the form of missed days and reduced productivity.As an employer, who do you want walking through your door each morning: The employee who is rushed, harried, stressed and distracted…or the employee who woke up well rested, feels calm following a smooth morning routine and does not feel guilty about dreading going home later that day? Contact me to talk about a workshop if you are interested in investing in them.
If you want to work with me, my intention is that you can :
- Be an empowered parent with evidenced based and neuroscientific interventions.
- Learn techniques to deescalate “big feelings” and to enable your child to emotionally regulate.
- Understand and address disruptive behavior to prevent conflict and shame.
- Have a space for you as a parent to explore you.
- Move past blame into finding solutions.
- Ensure you have a good night’s sleep.
- Work together for a clear plan to create close and cooperative family relationships to have a happier, peaceful home.
- Enjoy spending time with your child and your family.
I am able to draw upon neuroscience, practice and evidenced based models.These are chosen for their long-term benefits to help your child’s social brain, promote problem-solving and foster loving bonds between you and your child. When we have a deep connection with our children, it enables understanding and promotes peace and calm.
Be the best parent you can be and try to do one action today to make your child feel safe, secure and loved.
With love Catherine