Thank you to all the parents who attended my workshops and gave constructive feedback from January to May 2018.
I know every parent wants to learn how to implement discipline positively and be an Authoritative Parent with evidenced based and trusted strategies.Life is so busy and sometimes we need a bit of a nudge with our parenting to stay on track and because I know every parent cares about their relationship with their child and seeks connection and intimacy.
The workshops draw upon practice and evidenced based experience. I have 30 years in the NHS as a licensed practitioner working over 18 years in inpatient and outpatient settings ( CAMHS) working with children, families and parents with complex emotional and behavioral difficulties. I am a mum too whose survived the transitions from baby to adulthood with a lot more compassion for myself and everyone around me.
NEW WORKSHOPS FOR THE AUTUMN 2018 ( I will be putting more up into July)
You may be looking for:
- Understanding you/and your child’s brain in order to reduce blame, conflict and shame.
- How you can help then to develop self-control
- Empowerment and ideas you can use straight away.
- How you can remain calm and carry on
- A safe forum to ask questions.
- Generalised ideas to prevent escalation of “big feelings” such as anxiety, conflict, anger and tantrums.
- Realise that you are not alone in what you may be feeling and experiencing.
- Your staff, as you want to support them on promoting well being and sleep.
What can you expect:
- A two hour workshop ( sometimes more with Part 1/Part 2 workshops)
- They are rooted in 30 years experience, clinical evidenced brain based parenting and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from from baby to adulthood.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non- judgemental and supportive setting;
- A hand out and powerpoint notes to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learnt.
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
- Nice tea, coffee and drinks!
Some Testimonials: ( 75 % very good and 22% Good 3% rated just ok, thank you everyone)
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- I really liked the science bit and sharing with others ( Managing anger and Meltdowns)
- We definitely going to stick to house rules and keep going with your suggestions ( Managing Anger and Meltdowns)
- Really helpful to find to understand why children have tantrums and I did not know there were two different types.( Parent Seasons Nursery)
- Very interesting, I found information on the parts of the brain and age related emotions helpful. I feel I have positive ideas to take with me (Windmill City Farm Talk)
Ashley Down, BS7 Bristol ( or in your workplace)
£35 per person or more for 2 part workshops by secure Paypal Link ( I ask that you pay in advance, this is for commitment but in addition ensure and manage attendance.)
Disclaimer: Do note that these workshops are not the same as a bespoke consultation or package of sessions