Parenting is not easy and we all need support. Becoming a parent can be the most wonderful yet challenging experience in our lives. I thought I was a wonderful parent before I had children. I’ve experienced all the ups and downs of being a parent from baby to adulthood. I know that a child does not arrive with a fully complete instruction manual yet so many of us think we should be natural and perfect at it.
Within my workshops, I want to promote the sense of being a “good enough parent ” the one that learns to trust your intuition rather than the perfect one on social media, in books and in our thoughts. They are grounded in neuroscience, attachment theory and lots of strategies. I am sharing what I’ve learned so far from 19 years in specialist child and adolescent health services and my experience of being a mum too.
They are small and intimate, ( no more than 9) for you to feel supported by other parents who may have similar issues and ask lots of questions. They are also suitable for grandparents/carers and professionals.
Thank you for all your support in 2019. Thank you for contacting me regarding the workshops I may be offering in 2020. I am going to try and offer some more, since so many of you have contacted me. I am humbled.
Workshops for 2020
You may be looking for:
- Understanding you/and your child’s brain in order to reduce blame, conflict and shame.
- How you can help them to develop self-control
- Empowerment and ideas you can use straight away.
- How you can remain calm and carry on
- A safe forum to ask questions.
- Generalised ideas to prevent escalation of “big feelings” such as anxiety, conflict, anger, and tantrums.
- Realise that you are not alone in what you may be feeling and experiencing.
- Your staff, as you want to support them in promoting well being and sleep.
What can you expect:
- Intimate Workshops ( sometimes more with Part 1/Part 2 workshops), not more than 9 attendees so you feel you can ask questions and share.
- They are rooted in 31 years experience, clinical evidenced brain based parenting and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from baby to adulthood.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non-judgemental and supportive setting to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learned.
- Notes to keep
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
- Nice tea, coffee, and drinks!
Some Testimonials: ( 80 % very good and 17% Good 3% rated just ok, thank you, everyone)
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Catherine great and great knowledge
- I like the science bit, talking about triggers and meeting other parents
- I liked talking through concerns and being with other parents
- The relaxed atmosphere, great welcome
- I appreciated the non -judgemental atmosphere
- Lots to think about, two days possibly.
- I really liked the science bit and sharing with others ( Managing anger and Meltdowns)
- We definitely going to stick to house rules and keep going with your suggestions ( Managing Anger and Meltdowns)
- Really helpful to find to understand why children have tantrums and I did not know there were two different types.( Parent Seasons Nursery)
Ashley Down, BS7 Bristol ( or in your workplace, or home)
Cost: £50 upwards
Disclaimer: Do note that these workshops are not the same as a consultation and package of sessions.
Click here to Contact me to book and follow me on Facebook to receive details and start now with an intention for you and your family to have even better relationships in 2020.