Parenting is not easy. Becoming a parent can be the most wonderful yet challenging experience in our lives. Furthermore, children don’t arrive with a fully completed instruction manual, yet so many of us think we should be natural and perfect at it.
Living through a Pandemic
As well as the challenge of parenting, we are currently living in a pandemic. We are changing the shape of our lives, how we work, I’ve had too. I am very grateful I can continue to support you. Moving forward I intend to offer the majority of my workshops online, they will be live and have time for questions. Moreover, offer parent groups to help bridge the disconnection that parenting can so often create.
I will post new workshops and webinars in 2021.
New Online Workshops for the Spring and Summer Term
Do contact me if you would like a workshop for your workplace or have a group of friends that would like a particular topic covered.
What is your Experience?
The workshops integrate my life’s work and my experience as a mum. I worked 31 years in the NHS, 19 years as a Specialist CAMHS Clinician working with children and families with severe emotional and behavioral difficulties. I am trained in Solihull and the Incredible Years, two evidenced-based parenting courses, and draw upon the latest neuroscience, psychology, and attachment theory.
You may be looking for:
- Understanding you/and your child’s brain in order to reduce blame, conflict, and shame.
- How you can help them to develop self-control
- Empowerment and ideas you can use straight away.
- How you can remain calm and carry on
- A safe forum to ask questions.
- Generalised ideas to prevent escalation of “big feelings” such as anxiety, conflict, anger, and tantrums.
- Realise that you are not alone in what you may be feeling and experiencing.
- Your staff, as you want to support them in promoting well being and sleep.
What can you expect:
- Online, enjoy from the safety and comfort of your home.
- They are rooted in 31 years of experience, clinical evidenced brain-based parenting, and my experience as a mum where we have all survived the transition from baby to adulthood.
- A safe space to ask questions you might have.
- A chance to hear from other parents what they do in a non-judgmental and supportive setting to keep and refer to in case you’ve forgotten what you’ve learned.
- Notes and a recording to keep.
- A sense of achievement that you have made some progress and taken action to make life better for your family and for yourself.
Some Testimonials: ( 80 % very good and 17% Good 3% rated just ok, thank you, everyone)
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle).
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle).
- Would really like longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle).
- Catherine great and great knowledge.
- I like the science bit, talking about triggers and meeting other parents.
- I liked talking through concerns and being with other parents.
- The relaxed atmosphere, great welcome.
- I appreciated the non -judgemental atmosphere.
- Lots to think about, two days possibly. ( Positive Discipline)
- I really liked the science bit and sharing with others ( Managing anger and Meltdowns)
- We definitely going to stick to house rules and keep going with your suggestions ( Managing Anger and Meltdowns)
- Really helpful to find to understand why children have tantrums and I did not know there were two different types.
Disclaimer: Do note that these workshops are not the same as a bespoke consultation and package of sessions.
Click here to contact me to book and follow me on Facebook to receive details and start now with an intention for you and your family to have even better relationships in 2021.