Stop the ‘Worry Cycle’, preventing anxiety in children
Feb 9 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
While some anxiety and worry is appropriate and typical, at times it can become overwhelming for many adults and children. It affects our daily routines and relationships.
Research shows that the environment that our child lives in will have a huge impact on the way they manage emotions, Anxiety UK report that 59% of the population suffer from Generalised Anxiety.We know that 50% of mental health issues start before the age of 14.
Wouldn’t it be great to live in a society where we learn to understand and manage our emotions to prevent mental health problems. Be a proactive parent, learn how to win the avoidance and worry cycle. Attend my workshop to learn how you can prevent and manage anxiety in your child. Learn simple neuroscience and evidenced based tips you can go home and use now.So much of parenting is completed in isolation, I find when we come together we learn from each other and more is gained by everyone. I am hoping that I can start a facebook community following the workshops so we can keep supporting and practicing together. It’s always better to have support, yes. Book Now to prevent your child suffering in the longer term. ( This workshop for the 9th of February 2018 is fully booked but do contact me to be placed on a waiting list for the next one)
Please join us to stop this worry cycle and
- Understand anxiety and depression.
- Understand some simple “brain based” parenting. The role of your amygdala, hippocampus and the way the stress response affects emotional regulation.
- How to use some simple cognitive behavioral strategies to prevent escalation of big feelings and avoidance
- Normal fears, anxieties and when to seek help.
- Go away with mindfulness, self soothing and relaxation tips
- An opportunity to ask questions and learn from others in the group.
- Go home with some strategies so that you can respond to your child with compassion.
I will be focussing on lots of strategies to break this cycle. I hope to empower parents of all age age group in order for you participate in problem solving, tolerating discomfort and emotional management with your child.
Cost: £30 per person and it is non- refundable, but if you cannot attend on the day, spaces may be available to attend another workshop.