- This event has passed.
Stop the Worry Cycle, preventing Anxiety In Children
Nov 30, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm£35
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is the most common disorder in childhood. Research shows that most mental health disorders start before the age of 14. Anxiety Uk states:
- 1 in 10 young people experience a mental health disorder (Green et al 2005)
- Over half of all mental ill health starts by age 14 and 75% develops by age 18 (Murphy and Fonagy 2012)
- Anxiety and depression are the most common mental health difficulties and these have high co-morbidity (Green et al 2005)
- School learning, stress tolerance, confidence, motivation, personal relationships will be adversely affected (Layard 2008)
Let’s stop the “Worry Cycle” and prevent mental problems developing now and in the future. Learn skills and be empowered so you can help your child, suitable for ages (3-12), click on the video or read on.
Join me to empower you and your child to:
- Understand how anxiety works, Flight and Fight response and the role of the Amygdala.
- Stop walking on eggshells and be confident what to say to it.
- Understand common traps you may get into with the anxiety, how you might make it worse
- Go into battle with anxiety and identify the different types of anxiety
- Understand to reframe the negative thoughts, understand emotion coaching, teach your child how to talk to anxiety. How to control the worry monster.
- Some tips on how to help your child self-soothe/regulate and lots of tips to manage and prevent anxiety
- Ask questions to a clinician with over thirty years experience in mental health in a safe and small group setting
Praise from the last Workshop, 80% rated very good, 20% rated good
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like much longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Lots of techniques to help my child, thank you so much, Catherine
Let’s do this together to help to prevent mental health difficulties in your child!
Pay by secure PayPal in the cart below.
(When you pay, you should receive a receipt, PDF of directions and address, please contact me if you do not receive these within 24 hours) If you would like me to send a PayPal link directly without using the form below, that’s okay so do contact me and I will send it to you.