- This event has passed.
Stop the ” Worry Cycle”, managing worries/ anxiety in children
Sep 21, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm£90
Anxiety can rule not only your child’s life, but it can rule your life as well.
Do you find yourself:
- Walking on eggshells around your child?
- Avoiding things because you know it will cause your child anxiety and many more worries?
- Noticing they have lots of tummy aches, headaches, and physical symptoms?
- Feeling powerless and unsure how to help?
join me a TWO PART 5 hour workshop.
Learn Skills and Empower you and your child
Join me on :
Friday the 21st of September 2018 10-12.30pm ( Part One)
- Understand some simple “brain based” parenting. The role of your amygdala, hippocampus and the way the stress response affects emotional regulation.
- Understand the avoidance cycle
- How to identify types of anxiety ( separation, generalised, OCD, social and Phobia’s) and what are normal developmental fears)
- Practice mindfulness and how to teach it to your child.
- Feel empowered with skills, you can do it!
- Lots of time to ask questions
Friday the 12th of October 2018 10-12.30pm ( Part Two)
- How to talk about the anxiety and not collude with the anxiety and worries
- Understand the importance of self-soothing
- How to de-escalate the anxiety
- Creative Skills to manage the anxiety
- How to teach your child self-talk
- How to implement some simple exposure work ( we will be practicing this in the group together)
Remember Your child:
- Doesn’t want to be anxious
- Wants a good sleep
- Doesn’t want to feel like that
You don’t deserve that, Your child doesn’t deserve that, they need skills, your child needs your help and you can help them.
Relevant: for Ages 3-12 and for parents, educators, teachers, and carers. ( this is a generalised workshop and your child and family may need an individualised treatment package, contact me if you are unsure)
Total Cost: £90 ( it is non – refundable) Contact me on my contact page or at catherine@bristolchildparentSupport.co.uk to book in advance.
Where: Muller House BS7 Bristol
Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for your commitment to the wellbeing of your child and your family and for your willingness to keep learning and growing. Remember: parenting is hard work and you all deserve support. Please share the gratitude and love by sharing to others and liking my Facebook Page and do contact me to hear about my workshops and consultations. With Love Catherine