- This event has passed.
Positive Parenting for Toddlers
Feb 2 @ 9:45 am - 12:30 pm£50
As a parent myself, I know that children don’t arrive with an exact manual on how to bring them up? Toddlers are no exception and can be a real challenge. Start 2019 with a positive intention to have more fun, connection, and calmness at home. You are in a unique position to start early. Research shows that a secure parent child connection is a predictor for preventing mental health issues later in life. Invest in your family’s wellbeing by attending my:
Positive Parenting for Toddlers Workshop ( suitable for parents of toddlers ages 1- preschool 3/4)
Let’s support and share together :
- Some simple neuroscience, your toddler’s developing emotional brain and normal child development. Why your toddler can’t control themselves sometimes
- Your toddler’s Temperament and developing attachment style and how to work with it not against it.
Here is a bit of a taster on the Importance of Temperament
- Gentle and calm techniques to manage difficult situations and big feelings ( the different types of tantrums and other behaviours such as biting, hitting, throwing and Separation Anxiety)
- Confidence and more empowerment in trusting your instincts for you to tackle everyday challenges and set limits whilst maintaining your calm.
- The art of play, the power of praise, and rewards to promote safe, secure attachments and relationships and play which promotes fun and joy.
- Ask questions and share with other parents in a safe space
Details of the Workshop
No more than 9 parents attend ( parents only). They are small and intimate. In my experience ( and feedback) a smaller group enables parents to ask questions, share and feel safe. All my workshops were sold out the last term, payment is in advance and there are no refunds but tickets can be transferred for another party anytime. There are no creche facilities and it is for parents only.
Time 9.30 coffee and teas to start 9.45 am-12.30pm
Cost: £50 per person ( via PayPal Ticket below) there is a 20% discount for partners, please contact me to arrange the discount. Handouts included.
Where: Muller House BS7 ( Ashley Down)
Some parents may feel that if they need to attend a parenting course, they’ve failed. In my experience, this is just the opposite. The workshops integrate my life’s work and my experience as a mum. I draw upon latest neuroscience, psychology, and attachment theory. I have 31 years in the NHS, 19 years as a Specialist CAMHS Clinician working with children and families with severe emotional and behavioural difficulties. I am a trained in Solihull and the Incredible Years, two evidenced-based parenting courses.
Like you, I ‘ve experienced all the highs and lows in parenting. I’ve made so many mistakes and we’ve all survived and learned from them. I really want to show that it’s really important to be” good enough” and not a perfect parent, for you to feel close and connected to your child. I look forward to sharing with you in 2019, to be the parent you truly are!
What other parents say about my workshops:
- I like the small group size, easy to talk about intimate stuff
- A friendly and knowledgeable trainer
- Clear straightforward presentation
- Useful to have handouts to take away, created a safe space in the beginning
- Longer session please, great content and more time to chat.
- Lovely venue and nice smell!
- I like the variety of topics and focus on positive change
- I like the science bit, works well for my brain.
In 2019,develop parenting habits that will enable secure and close connections between you and your child that can continue through all their development
When you pay for your ticket, please keep the invoice/receipt as it has a PDF for Address and Directions, some start/finish times may vary. If this is not attached, please contact me.