- This event has passed.
Positive Parenting for Toddlers Workshop
Nov 16 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£50
Positive Parenting for Toddlers Workshop ( suitable for parents of toddlers ages 1-4 ( not at school )
Hello there, my name is Catherine and I want to share with you my 31 years experience in the NHS and 19 years of experience working with children and families in Specialist Services ( Camhs) with emotional and behavioural difficulties. I am a mum too and like you survived all the ups and downs, frustrations from baby to adulthood. I am passionate about empowering parents to transform their frustration, confusion, and self-doubt in their parenting into confidence and joy.
Right now, you may :
- Be lost in information and doubt your parenting a lot?
- Wonder why your toddler is having big feelings such as tantrums or meltdowns, can be really anxious and does not want to leave your side sometimes?
- Feel like a mean parent and fed up of saying no all the time
- Wonder why they kick, hit or bite and you don’t know what to do sometimes?
- Want to learn more calm and gentle techniques to enable secure attachments and manage big feelings?
- Want to Learn some Positive Discipline skills that you can take forward all their development
If you said yes, then the workshop is for you and we will share:
- Common misconceptions about toddler behaviour and an explanation with some simple neuroscience
- How to build a strong and secure foundation for your toddler to thrive.
- The characteristics of “normal” development.
- Your toddler’s temperament and developing attachment style and how to work with it, not against it.
- Gentle and calm techniques to manage difficult situations and big feelings ( the different types of tantrums and other behaviours such as biting, hitting, throwing and Separation Anxiety)
- Confidence and more empowerment in trusting your instincts in order to tackle everyday challenges and set limits whilst maintaining your calm.
- The true purpose of play, the power of praise and how 10 minutes a day of effective play can promote self-regulation.
No more than 9 parents attend ( parents only). They are small and intimate. In my experience ( and feedback) a smaller group enables you to ask questions, share and feel safe.
Time 9.30 am (coffee and teas) to start at 9.45 am-12.30 pm
Cost: £50 per person ( via PayPal Ticket below) there is a 20% discount for partners, please contact me to arrange the discount. Handouts included.
Where: Yanley Court Complementary Therapy Centre, Yanley Court (accessed through Long Ashton Business Park), Yanley Lane, Long Ashton, Bristol, BS41 9LB
Terms and Conditions
To secure a place, full payment is in advance, there are no refunds but tickets can be transferred for another party anytime. There are no creche facilities and it is for parents only. I can also not guarantee the weather or if Yanley Court cancels at short notice. I will, of course, give you a FULL refund on these occasions.
This is an opportunity that will support you in understanding the needs, behaviour, and development specific to toddlerhood so you can overcome the challenges of toddlerhood while nurturing your little one’s development with more confidence and ease.
Do you want less chaos, anger and second-guessing and more joy, love and fun! , then this workshop is for you, book below: