- This event has passed.
Positive Discipline Strategies Workshop
Nov 10, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Is love in your family becoming a battlefield, are you finding it increasingly difficult finding strategies for positive discipline?
New research published in the Independent reported that parents argue at least 49 minutes a day, the average spat is 8 minutes. Researchers who surveyed 2,000 parents of children aged two to 12 revealed many find themselves falling out with their offspring about what they want to do, eat or drink on a daily basis. it notes that “Parents will ‘win’ just over half of the rows, as six in ten mums and dads admitted they often end up compromising to keep the peace.
So let’s prevent the conflict, arguing, the nagging and learn some Positive Discipline Strategies for a “win-win” for everyone.
During this Positive Discipline workshop, you will: THIS WORKSHOP IS FULLY BOOKED, thank you, everyone!
- Use parental attention and presence, how to use Play and Praise and empathy effectively.
- Learn Active Listening
- Focus on setting boundaries without using threats.
- How to implement effective family rules/meetings
- Understand your child’s brain and some simple neuroscience and normal child development
- Reduce permissive or over controlling parenting styles
- Be an emotion coach for your child.
There will be several fun exercises and an opportunity to practice effective house/family rules. ( Please note this is a workshop in a group setting and not the same as bespoke Consultation)
How many will attend?
No more than 10, my intention is that everyone who attends can ask questions and share in a small and intimate setting.
Do I have to take notes?
A powerpoint handout of the presentation is provided with some key handouts.
It is £35 and to secure a place, you need to pay in advance. It is not refundable but if you unable attend, maybe you can gift it to a friend.
Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you for your commitment to the wellbeing of your child and your family and for your willingness to keep learning and growing. Remember: parenting is hard work and you all deserve support. Please share the gratitude and love by sharing and liking my Facebook Page and do contact me to hear about my workshops and consultations. With Love Catherine
- Nov 10, 2018
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Event Tags:
- Authoritative parenting style, Bristol, how to manage anger, how to stop arguing with your child, How to stop nagging, How to stop shouting at my child, parent courses bristol, Parent Talks, parent talks Bristol, Parent Workshops, permissive parenting, positive discipline
- Muller House