Positive Discipline Parent Workshop ( 2 Part Workshop School ages (5-12)
Apr 27 @ 9:45 am - 12:30 pm£100
Is love in your family becoming a battlefield, are you finding it increasingly difficult to implement positive discipline strategies? Do you find yourself shouting, arguing and nagging your children? This Positive parenting workshop may be for you. It is focused on developing a strong, deeply committed relationship between you and your child based on communication, mutual respect, problem solving and understanding.
Attend this two part Positive Discipline Parenting Workshop ( children ages 5 school-12) if you want to:
- Understand your child’s developing brain and parenting strategies that help your child to learn self-control
- Be an emotion coach to manage “big feelings” and emotions in you and them without using shame or guilt
- Create “genuinely connected encounters”, with your child, away from screens
- Teach children to solve their own problems, offering them guidance when needed
- Replace nagging, yelling, threats, bribes with effective limit setting
- Implement effective family rules, consequences and ways to encourage your children to co-operate with you
- Have more connection, joy and feel secure in your parenting choices.
- Practical ideas and techniques to use straight away!
- Share in a small and intimate setting with other parents who have similar issues.
Part One ( The Foundation) Saturday the 27th of April 2019 9.45 -12.30pm
- Understand your child’s brain, some simple neuroscience, and normal child development
- Understand your parenting style to reduce permissive or over controlling parenting.
- Learn to be an emotion coach for your child (Emotion coaching is about helping children to become aware of their emotions and to manage their own feelings particularly during instances of ‘misbehavior.’
- Use parental attention and presence effectively, (the Art of Play and the power of Descriptive Praise).
- Some homework, practice some strategies to bring back and reflect on next time.
Part Two Saturday the 18th of May 9.45-12.30pm
- Time to feedback, share and reflect on how Part one strategies have been effective and what’s been difficult.
- How to implement family meetings successfully
- Setting Family Rules
- How to set limits and consequences effectively
Details of the Workshop
On this occasion I’ve offered this workshop in two longer parts, this was due to feedback from parents who attended last time. They said wanted more time to share, discuss and talk in the group!
No more than 9 parents attend ( no children). They are small and intimate. In my experience ( and feedback) a smaller group enables parents to ask questions, share and feel safe. All my workshops were sold out the last term, payment is in advance and there are no refunds. There are no creche facilities and it is for parents only.
Time: 9.45 am-12.30pm ( X2)
Cost: £100 per person ( via PayPal Ticket below) there is a 20% discount for partners, please contact me to arrange the discount. Handouts included
Where: Muller House BS7 ( Ashley Down)
If you are wondering about investing time and money in your family’s wellbeing. Ponder on this, research published in the Independent reported that parents argue with their children at least 49 minutes a day, the average spat is 8 minutes. That’s a lot of wasted time every day when you could be implementing interventions that promote secure connections, problem solving and joy. Make 2019 the year of change!
When you pay for your ticket, please keep the invoice/receipt as it has a PDF for Address and Directions. If this is not attached, please contact me.