Positive Discipline Parent Workshop, Two Part Workshop School ages (4-12)
Apr 27 @ 9:45 am - 12:30 pm£100
Is love in your family becoming a battlefield, are you finding it increasingly difficult to implement positive discipline strategies? Do you find yourself shouting, arguing and nagging your children? If you want to restore some joy and connection:
Attend this two-part Positive Discipline Parenting Workshop ( children ages 5 school-12) if you want to stop nagging, create genuine connections, learn why time out doesn’t always work and learn clear and effective limits consequences:
Part One ( The Foundation) Saturday the 27th of April 2019 9.45 -12.30pm
- Understand your child’s brain, some simple neuroscience why your child misbehaves!
- Understand your parenting style to reduce permissive or over controlling parenting.
- Learn to be an emotion coach for your child (Emotion coaching is about helping children to become aware of their emotions and to manage their own feelings particularly during instances of ‘misbehavior.)
- Use parental attention and presence effectively, bring joy and connection into your parenting (the Art of Play and the power of Descriptive Praise).
- Some homework, practice some strategies to bring back and reflect on next time.
Part Two Saturday the 18th of May 9.45-12.30pm
- Time to feedback, share and reflect on how Part one strategies have been effective and difficult.
- How to manage those difficult times, mornings, bedtimes and mealtimes and sibling battles.
- Implement effective, clear limits and ensure effective consequences
- Implement problem-solving and family meetings for co-operation
- Time for lots of questions and share with other parents who are going through similar situations as you are!
Praise from other workshops, what other parents say:
- Good Theory and to think about different approaches
- Small group size, easy to talk about intimate stuff, nice venue. ( Positive Discipline2018)
- Relaxed environment and felt free to interrupt with questions as they arose ( Positive Discipline)
- A longer session, really like family rules, longer please ( Positive Discipline Workshop 2018)
- Understanding Positiveness, handouts, enjoyed no Powerpoint Slides (Toddler Workshop 2019)
- Catherine amazing and really knowledgable ( Toddler Workshop 2019)
- Liked the Science bit, everyday practical solutions, cycle of accept, validate manage,.Anger and meltdowns, 20th of April 2018
- Nice Summary Sheet of take away messages, Anger and Meltdowns
Details of the Workshop
On this occasion I’ve offered this workshop in two longer parts, this was due to feedback from parents who attended last time. They said wanted more time to share, discuss and talk in the group!
No more than 9 parents attend ( no children). They are small and intimate. In my experience ( and feedback) a smaller group enables parents to ask questions, share and feel safe. All my workshops were sold out the last term, payment is in advance and non-refundable. You can, however, transfer the ticket to another party at any time if you are unable to attend. It is important that you can attend both days. There are no creche facilities and it is for parents only.
Time: 9.45 am-12.30pm ( X2)
Cost: £100 per person for nearly six hours of parenting ( via PayPal Ticket below) there is a 20% discount for partners, please contact me to arrange the discount. Handouts included
Where: Muller House BS7 ( Ashley Down)
If you are wondering about investing time and money in your family’s wellbeing. Ponder on this, research published in the Independent reported that parents argue with their children at least 49 minutes a day, the average spat is 8 minutes. That’s a lot of wasted time every day when you could be implementing interventions that promote secure connections, problem-solving and joy. Make 2019 the year of change!
When you pay for your ticket, please keep the invoice/receipt as it has a PDF for Address and Directions. If this is not attached, please contact me.