- This event has passed.
Managing Anger, Meltdowns and Aggression in Childhood
Mar 9 @ 9:45 am - 12:30 pm£50
Anger and conflict are all part of family life. Anger is not a negative emotion but we sometimes find it difficult to manage it in ourselves and our children.
Do you have a child :
- Who may seem out of control, they may well yell, kick, and hit you during these times
- Who sometimes has embarrassing public meltdowns and you are at a loss to know what to do?
- Who is having constant meltdowns and it’s wearing you and everyone else down.
- Whose “behaviour ” gets in between you and your partner and prevents you from parenting consistently.
In a small and intimate space (no more than 9 attendees), this will cover :
- Triggers, why your child may be angry, have meltdowns, be aggressive
- Learn some basic neuroscience, “fight and flight” response and the role of your child’s amygdala and why this may impact on the behaviour.
- Understand how to respond with brain-based parenting in order to manage the different types of anger so everyone can “cool down”.
- Respond to it without blame or shaming you/r child, start to learn some strategies which nurture confidence and connection.
- Alternative ways of managing “hot states” and helping your children to learn self-control and help them to emotionally regulate?
Cost: £50 ( 9.45am-12.30) Payment in full secures your place. All my workshops were sold out the last term, payment is in advance and there are no refunds or trnasfers to other workshops, however but tickets can be transferred to another party anytime. There are no creche facilities and it is for parents only.
Age Group: For parents, caregivers 5-12 years ( for younger years, check out my Toddler one)
What is Provided: Handouts of an overview of the material. Refreshments will be provided at the event.
Where: Muller House BS7 ( Ashley Down)
The question I want to answer through my work is:
My workshops are a humble start to this. I draw upon the latest neuroscience, psychology, and attachment theory. I have 31 years in the NHS, 19 years as a Specialist CAMHS Clinician working with children and families with severe emotional and behavioral difficulties. I am trained in Solihull and the Incredible Years, two evidenced-based parenting courses. More importantly, I am like you, I ‘ve experienced all the highs and lows in parenting. I’ve made so many mistakes and we’ve all survived and learned from them and arrived at a more compassionate place.
What other parents say about my workshops:
- I like the small group size, easy to talk about intimate stuff
- A friendly and knowledgeable trainer
- Clear straightforward presentation
- Useful to have handouts to take away, created a safe space in the beginning
- Longer session please, great content and more time to chat.
- Lovely venue and nice smell!
- I like the variety of topics and focus on positive change
- I like the science bit, works well for my brain.
Allow 2019 be the year you change your parenting habits. Thank you for investing in the wellbeing of you and your family.
When you pay for your ticket, please keep the invoice/receipt as it has a PDF for Address and Directions, some start/finish times may vary. If this is not attached, please contact me.