- This event has passed.
Let’s Stop the Worry Cycle, Preventing and Managing Anxiety Parent Workshop.
Feb 29, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm£50
It’s 2020 new year and a new decade, so let’s stop the Worry Cycle in children and promote emotional wellbeing. Attend my workshop to:
Learn skills, Be empowered so you can help your child, suitable for parents from ages (4-12)
Did you know?
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is the most common disorder in childhood. Research shows that most mental health disorders start before the age of 14. Anxiety Uk states:
- 1 in 10 young people experience a mental health disorder (Green et al 2005)
- Over half of all mental ill health starts by age 14 and 75% develops by age 18 (Murphy and Fonagy 2012)
- Anxiety and depression are the most common mental health difficulties and these have high co-morbidity (Green et al 2005)
Anxiety affects our thoughts, our body responses, ( physical feelings) and actions ( behaviour). Attend my workshop to Stop the Worry Cycle now and be a warrior, join me to empower you and your child to:
- Understand how to recognise anxiety, how it might affect your child
- Some simple neuroscience, the stress response (Flight and Fight response) and how to befriend the Amygdala.
- Understand common traps you may get into with the anxiety, how you might make it escalate.
- Manage anxiety and identify the different types of anxiety, such as separation anxiety, generalised anxiety (GAD), etc
- Understand to reframe the negative thoughts, understand emotion coaching, teach your child how to talk to anxiety. How to control the worry monster.
- Some tips on how to help your child self-soothe/regulate and lots of tips to manage and prevent anxiety
- Ask questions to a clinician with over thirty years of experience in mental health in a safe and small group setting
Details of the Workshop
No more than 8 parents/carers attend ( no children). They are small and intimate. In my experience ( and feedback) a smaller group enables parents to ask questions, share and feel safe.
Disclaimer: This is a generalised workshop for parents/carers and should not be used for treatment only. It is not the same as having bespoke and individualised sessions you may receive from a licensed provider. Payment is in advance and non-refundable. You can, however, transfer the ticket to another party at any time if you are unable to attend.
Time: 9.30 am-12.30pm
Cost: £50 per person ( via PayPal Ticket below) there is a 20% discount for partners, please contact me to arrange the discount. Handouts, tea, and coffee included.
Where: Muller House BS7 ( Ashley Down)
Praise from the last Workshop, 80% rated very good, 20% rated good
- Practical strategies were really helpful as was the information about the brain and how to help my child understand this too ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Really like the physiological aspect of anxiety, understanding anxiety is normal, not to be scared of talking it through with my child. ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Would really like much longer, so we could go through more practical sessions to put more into action, I would definitely come! ( Stop the Worry Cycle)
- Lots of techniques to help my child, thank you so much, Catherine
Let’s do this together to help to prevent mental health difficulties in your child!
Pay by secure PayPal in the cart below.
(When you pay, you should receive a receipt, PDF ( you can miss this as it’s linked to your receipt at the bottom) of directions and address, please contact me if you do not receive these within 24 hours)
I always send a reminder several days prior to the Workshop with directions again. I hope to see you and share with you soon. With Love Catherine