- This event has passed.
Gentle Sleep Workshop for Parents with Toddlers ( 1-Preschool)
Oct 3 @ 9:45 am - 12:00 pm
Hello there, are you and your family struggling to sleep? I know how difficult it’s been during the pandemic, there is now an opportunity to get back on track.
Having a good night’s sleep is as essential as a healthy diet and exercise, it’s not selfish to want a good’s nights sleep. Sleep is an essential part of your child’s mental and physical health. A good night’s sleep allows your child’s mind and body to rest and recover. Sleep deprivation causes many symptoms such as:
- Irritability and behavioural difficulties.
- Increase risk from infection and obesity,
- Difficulties in learning and low motivation.
Join me for a two hour online interactive workshop ( with time for questions) to help your child RELEARN how to sleep. During the live workshop, I will share:
- Simple Sleep Science, tips to help their 24-hour Cycle, ( Circadium Rthymn), the role of melatonin.
- Exploring the impact on sleep due to your child’s temperament.
- How diet may affect their sleep?
- How daytime home environment/ routine affects sleep?.
- What to do if your child resists going to bed or sleep and night awakenings?.
- Managing nightmares and night terrors
- How to implement a consistent bedtime routine that can last throughout their development?.
- Gentle approaches to help your child relearn how to fall asleep without help?.
- How many naps your child should be having and how to tackle common nap issues?.
- How to move from co-sleeping and cot to bed?
- Discuss common traps parents fall into with sleep training ( relearning).
Details of the Online Workshop: (This is 2 hours, live and has time for questions).
Time and date: Saturday, October the 3rd 2020,10am-12 pm ( Please be there for 9.50 am at the latest, the workshop will be closed five minutes after starting)
Fee: £38 ( via PayPal )and per device, you will receive an MP3 recording following the workshop, even if you are unable to attend.
Attendees: limited to 25, so book to secure your place. (There are two assisted places for anyone who needs help, do contact me). It is non-refundable due to limited places. By booking this workshop, you accept my Terms and Conditions.
Click below to go to Secure Paypal Payment Page, you will then receive a confirmation email and another one a day prior to the workshop. If you have any questions or want to pay by another method, I understand that not everyone wants to book online so do contact me.
How: Zoom Online and by registration here:
This event is now full, do contact me if you want to be placed on a waiting list.
I am a parent and shared all the joys, up and downs from baby to adulthood. We survived all my mistakes to reach a place of compassion and deep connection. Combining motherhood with working hasn’t always been easy. However, the parents and children who let me into their lives during my 31 years in the NHS have been some of my greatest teachers. It was an honour and continues to be.
Up until two years ago, I worked in CAMHS ( In and outpatient Services) with children and families with complex emotional and behavioural issues. In addition, I offered multi-agency consultation with Paediatricians, Social Workers, Health Visitors and Teachers. I am also a trained facilitator in two evidenced based parenting courses, the Incredible Years and the Solihull Approach. My workshops integrate all my life experiences. I aim to offer a holistic approach that integrates compassion focussed strategies with simple neuroscience and attachment theory.