- This event has passed.
Anger Transformation Online Parent Workshop ( School Age -12).
May 24 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Family life can be stressful at the best of times and even more so during the pandemic. Stress makes us react rather than respond. Anger has a terrible reputation because so many people use anger to hurt themselves or others. But this isn’t anger’s fault! This is not anger’s true nature. Anger is a hardwired and essential emotion. Learning to work with anger — instead of repressing the life out of it or exploding outward with it — is one of the most important skills you can teach your children.
I know many parents the consequences of its behaviour challenging. Are you at the stage you’ve tried so many techniques and frankly feel tired and defeated?.
Does your child:
- Scream at the shops because he/she can’t have something they want?
- Look at you with “the anger” in his eyes when you tell him/he wants to do?
- Often defy you even if it is a small request.
- Sometimes kick and hit you?
- Have a meltdown for a simple request such as bedtime or leaving in the morning for school?
- In addition, do you dread saying no to them?
Join this one and a half hour interactive workshop and learn how to:
- How to befriend anger and understand how to respond to the “big feelings” with presence, compassion, and wise parenting to enable everyone to “cool and calm down”.
- Manage the frustration and anger in parenting and learn how to respond rather than react.
- Understand what’s beneath the anger, triggers for meltdowns and tantrums.
- Understand your child’s temperament why this is important in emotional regulation.
- Learn some basic neuroscience, “fight and flight” response and the role of your child’s amygdala(s), and why this may impact on escalating the behavior.
- End the cycle of screaming and shouting.
- Shift from Punitive parenting to Positive Discipline ( Creating strong empathic boundaries, rules, and limits).
- Transform Anger into self-regulation.
NB. Remember self-control/regulation is a better predictor of academic success than IQ or SAT scores
Date: Monday the 24th of May 2021
Time: 7.oo pm-8.30 pm London GMT ( It is a one hour and 15 minute talk and time for questions).
Cost: £40 PayPal ( Includes a recording of the session to keep, even if you are unable to make it live).
How: Zoom Webinar
A zoom webinar means you can see me and hear me but you can remain private. I can’t see or hear you. However, you can communicate with me by asking questions via chatbox. It is not as interactive as Zoom Groups.
You can pay and register by clicking the link below( If you do not have a PayPal account, or feel uncomfortable registering online, do contact me and I can do it manually for you).
Click here to register and Pay:
( You should be directed to a Zoom Registration page and should receive a confirmation email. You will also receive reminder emails the day and an hour prior to the workshop commencing.) By booking this workshop, you accept my Terms and Conditions.
What age group is this for?
For school-aged 4 and up to 12
Is this a live class
Yes, it is and if you are unable to attend, there will be a recording. It is non-refundable, the recording will be sent by Mailchimp.
How long is the Workshop?.
It is 90 minutes, an hour, and a 15-minute presentation with lots of time for questions.
How long can I listen to the recording?
There is no expiration date, you can listen to it for as long as you want.
Do you offer subsidised places?
Yes, if are struggling in the Pandemic, contact me.
One of the questions I want to answer through my work is:
I draw upon the latest neuroscience, psychology, and practice-based theory. I have 31 years in the NHS and over 20 years as a Specialist CAMHS Clinician working with children and families with severe and complex emotional and behavioral difficulties. I am trained in Solihull and the Incredible Years, two evidenced-based parenting courses. I feel honoured by the trust given by parents and children in my work. I know there is ALWAYS something to learn, however, I am happy to share my experiences so far. I also have a daily meditation practice.
I am human just like you, I‘ve experienced all the highs and lows in parenting. I’ve made so many mistakes and we’ve all survived and arrived at a more compassionate place. Looking forward to empowering everyone soon. With Love Catherine